May 1, 2013
Video marketing adds some spice to your existing marketing campaigns. They transform static, traditional content into action-driven video that project your message in a powerful, dramatic way. Videos give you the unique opportunity to communicate with your target audience in a way that puts you in touch with what is truly important to them, while increasing the value of your products, and even your brand.
You can use video marketing in a number of different ways, including sales pitches, tutorials, launch sequences on your Web site, or to simply develop and increase brand awareness.
The more people see you or hear you, the faster they’ll recognize your company on the spot. Video can leave an everlasting impression, providing the perfect interactive vehicle for your marketing message and it can help with your Website’s page ranking in Google.
How can Video Marketing benefit your online business?
Firstly, video marketing is great for branding. Based on research, YouTube is the second largest search engine following Google, so it’s the perfect place to showcase your brand.
Second, video marketing is good for site rankings. By optimizing and tailoring your video content on your Web site, you can take advantage of blended search (search results – created by many kinds of content, such as, video, images, audio and blogs) helping you get a first-page organic ranking on Google.
Getting Started with Video Marketing
You should start off by developing simple video presentations. As you become more familiar with how your viewers respond to your videos, you can then tailor them towards your target audience. Keep in mind that your videos don’t have to be lengthy productions, even 3-minute videos taped with a simple hand-held video camera can do wonders at generating fresh interest and exposure for your product or business.
You can also download auto recycling-specific videos from www.GreenRecycledParts.com that promote recycled parts and adapt them to your company.
The majority of new computers come bundled with video production software, but much is also available for free or at very low cost (see examples below). These programs will help to add functionality to your videos, while making it easy for you to integrate sound (audio narratives, music, etc.), highlight important notes and, of course, they provide you with the added flexibility of editing video content.
Also, many new smart phones and tablets have built-in video technology, so you can shoot and upload to your website in minutes.
Check out Windows Movie Maker (for PC) or iMovie (for Mac) for Your Videos
Once you have a few videos, it’s time to distribute them. One of the most effective ways to do this is through the use of video community sites. Video community sites are media hot spots that are filled with new visitors every single day, allowing you to distribute your video to thousands of people for free.
The leader in video community sites is, of course, YouTube.com, with over 800 million unique users each month. However, there are many other places where you can focus on getting your video noticed including: www.vimeo.com and www.video.search.yahoo.com.
Keywords and Tags
It’s a great idea to include keywords and tags within your video marketing, so when distributed, it’s easy for people to discover your content, based on these primary phrases and keywords associated to your video. Keywords not only help viewers find your video through on-site searches, but more importantly through search engines.
With the new “blended search,” search engines expand the content of a search results page beyond text links to many kinds of content, such as maps, video, images, audio, news and blogs. Embedding or linking your tagged video to your Web site, can dramatically increase your page ranking within search engines.
Ultimately, you want to invoke a positive response from your viewers, but you also want them to take action after watching your video. One way of doing this is by including a direct link to your site at the end of the video, highlighting the benefits of visiting your Website or using your products. Keep in mind that you still need to use a direct call to action, even in videos, so don’t forget to spend time crafting your message.
Also, if you want your video to go viral, make sure that you add a “Share” link to the end of your video. This share link can be via TwitterFree Web Content, Facebook or Pinterest.
A professional with over 26 years experience working within the advertising and marketing communications industry. Practical knowledge, understanding and experience for a wide range of business disciplines including the financial services, legal, commercial services, retail, online, charitable and civil service sectors.
5 Tips for Successful Online Video Marketing
By Arslan Jahanzaib
With the rapid development of technology, online video marketing has been on the rise. Several researches undertaken in video marketing have proved that marketing videos online really works. Online marketing is effective and attractive for many businesses because creating and posting the online videos is fairly cheap and they are also sustainable because they stay online for a long time. The following are easy online video marketing tips that will improve your online marketing strategy.
1. Ensure your title counts - Just like a title of blog post, online videos titles help drive traffic. A great title grabs the attention of the viewers and show up in the search engines when visitors are surfing for your topic.
2. Provide high quality and excellent content - You should take time to critically think about the targeted audience. You need to understand what the targeted market find valuable and what your online video can teach them. Online videos succeed not only because they are of great value to the viewers, but also because they demonstrate your skills and knowledge, thus proving to them that your are an expert. It is also good to note that no matter the quality of your online video, it would not succeed if it is too long. Therefore, keep your online video as short as possible.
3. Put the website URL address in the video - When editing your online video, it is advisable that you make the most use of various editing features. One of the simple features is the additional use of the text box in the video by displaying your Website address which helps your Website gain more exposure and bring more traffic.
4. Make use of video's branding opportunities - You should ensure that the logo of the company you are promoting is featured in some part of the screen for branding purposes. This can be done for the full length or during key times in your online video. By doing this you set yourself apart from other videos and ensure that viewers remember your video plus the product or Website you’re promoting much better which will increase sales and traffic.
5. Go beyond just using YouTube - Most of the online video marketers use YouTube to post their videos. However, you can go beyond the use of YouTube by embedding it on your Web site. This will help drive more traffic to your Website and also increase the time that visitors spend on the Website. By doing this, you are likely to grow your audience. It is also good to note that Google’s algorithms consider the number of times your online video is watched because the numbers of views received add to the number views tally on the YouTube which will increase your video's popularity. This is also important for being ranked highly in Google search.
Arslan is a Ph.D. in Media Communication, and is currently writing things related to Media.